AWARDS TO STIMULATE AND SUPPORT UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH EXPERIENCES
The Awards to Stimulate and Support Undergraduate Research Experiences (ASSURE) program supports undergraduate research in DoD relevant disciplines, providing valuable research opportunities for undergraduates, either through ongoing research programs or through projects specially designed for this purpose. DoD executes the ASSURE program collaboratively with the National Science Foundation (NSF) through its Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Sites Program.
NOTE: Students must contact the individual sites for information and application materials. NSF does not have application materials and does not select student participants. A contact person and contact information is listed for each site.
Deadline to apply
– Varies by site (typically January)
– Undergraduate to Graduate Students.
– Be a student at a college or university in the United States; students who have graduated from college before the start of the REU program are not eligible.
– Be 18 years old by the first day of the REU program.
– Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. (or its territories).
– Devote 40 hours per week to the program.
– Not enroll in classes or hold other jobs during the day. Participants will be paid a stipend and will not receive academic credit for the research experience.
– Attend required weekly communications classes, lectures, seminars, focus groups, and workshops.