CROSS DOMAIN SOLUTIONS & MULTI LEVEL SECURITY
AFRL DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOUNDATIONAL CAPABILITIES
WHAT A DIGITALLY TRANSFORMED AFRL LOOKS LIKE
A Digitally Transformed AFRL optimally utilizes its people, processes, and data to design and execute its portfolio to enable the Department of the Air Force to deliver needed capabilities to the warfighter at the speed of relevance. The Digital Transformation Strategy features foundational capabilities that measurably accelerate the generation and transition of adoption-ready technology with demonstrable military benefit.
Conduct work at multiple levels of security and across security and network domain boundaries
Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) and Multi Level Security (MLS) bridges traditional air gaps scientists and engineers must negotiate to move data from disconnected lab equipment, isolated networks, and across security domains without manual toil.
- Move data from isolated equipment/networks at same level of classification
- Automated movement of data from low to high
- Multi-level security endpoints with access to several networks
BENEFITS TO CUSTOMER
- Faster Research: Increases speed of collaboration through readily available data and reduction of number of devices an S&E requires to do research
- Low Friction Business & Ops: Increases speed of data transfer across security domains through automation – eliminates lag associated with transferring external media
- Current use of external storage media to move data between security domains slows collaboration and speed of research
- Implementing/modifying CDS requires approvals external to AFRL
- Robust cybersecurity support required to implement CDS and MLS