COSMIC – 2023
COSMIC – 2023
Start Date: Jun 6, 2023
End Date: Jun 6, 2023
CHECK OUT AFRL/AFOSR COSMIC – 2023 RESOURCES
HOW TO ENGAGE WITH AFRL
Today, more than ever, we are looking for ideas to keep us on the cutting-edge of new and innovative technologies. To make it easier for idea generators to CONNECT with our Air Force and Space Force science and technology experts and opportunities, we have created this website. Simply click on the lightbulb icon to submit an idea, or peruse our links to find open opportunities in our Science and Technology ecosystem. How do you find the right opportunity, event, or website – one that ticks all the boxes for you – by using our easy search and filter functions on each page. For more information, watch the above video and visit our About Us page. Share your idea and GET CONNECTED to the Air Force and Space Force!
Explore: PARTNERING WITH AFRL
AFRL CAREER & FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
As a part of AFRL, AFOSR's technical experts foster and fund research within AFRL, universities, and industry laboratories to ensure the transition of research results to support US Air and Space Force needs.
To accomplish this task, AFOSR solicits proposals for research through various Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) as well as various other programs outlined below:
To accomplish this task, AFOSR solicits proposals for research through educational and special programs, university research initiatives (URIs) and Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs).
Explore the various programs and opportunities available with AFRL and AFOSR for industry, academia and government below:
- Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Programs: (SBIR /STTR) Programs
- AFOSR – Funding Opportunities – Educational Programs
- AFOSR – Funding Opportunities – Special Programs
- AFOSR – Funding Opportunities – University Research Initiative (URI)
- AFRL Scholars Program – Scholars Program
- AFRL Science and Technology Fellowship (STFP) – STFP Program
- AFRL/AFOSR STEM Program – STEM Program FOA
- USAF Summer Faculty Fellowship Program (USAF-SFFP) – USAF-SFFP Program
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship Program – NDSEG Program
PARTNER WITH US (GOVERNMENT, ACADEMIA & INDUSTRY)
- Broad Agency Announcements (BAA): Broad Agency Announcements are used to communicate the needs and interests of AFOSR. AFOSR keeps specific requirements of each BAA up-to-date on Grants.gov, the United States government’s one source to find and apply for federal grants – See the latest BAAs
- Submitting a Grant Proposal: As the basic research directorate of the AFRL, AFOSR currently distributes its basic research program investment through 1,200 grants at over 200 leading academic institutions worldwide, 100 industry-based contracts, and more than 250 internal AFRL research efforts. To learn how to submit a Grant proposal, watch here:
AFOSR continues to expand the horizon of scientific knowledge through its leadership and management of the Air Force’s basic research program. As a vital component of the Air Force
Research Laboratory (AFRL), AFOSR’s mission is to support Air Force goals of control and maximum utilization of air, space, and cyberspace.
AFOSR accomplishes its mission by investing in basic research efforts for the Air Force in relevant scientific areas. Central to AFOSR’s strategy is the transfer of the fruits of basic research to industry, the supplier of Air Force acquisitions; to the academic community which can lead the way to still more accomplishment; and to the other directorates of AFRL that carry the responsibility for applied and development research leading to acquisition.
The Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) is the primary scientific research and development center for the Department of the Air Force. AFRL plays an integral role in leading the discovery, development, and integration of affordable warfighting technologies for our air, space, and cyberspace forces. With a workforce of 11,500+ across nine technology areas and 40 other operations worldwide, AFRL provides a diverse portfolio of science and technology ranging from fundamental to advanced research and technology development.
Within AFRL, scientists and engineers collaborate to execute crosscutting R&D. External collaboration including partnerships with industry, academia and other agencies is also an integral part of AFRL’s business model. In continuing with this integrated, cooperative approach, AFRL will seamlessly support the S&T needs of two services: the Air Force and the Space Force. Today’s global threats require multi-disciplinary solutions, and AFRL is committed to supporting the warfighter in every key domain.
LEARN MORE ABOUT AFRL
AFRL reimagines what’s possible by leading scientific research and development for the Air Force and Space Force.
Explore: AFRL TECHNOLOGIES
Explore: AFRL LAB LIFE