AFRL Quantum Labs
AFRL conducts and sponsors research across the globe. Physical laboratories and research positions exist in AFRL locations in various states including New York, New Mexico and Ohio.
AFRL Information Directorate in Rome, NY
Our quantum research teams located at the AFRL Information Directorate in Rome, NY Research focus on Quantum Networking and Computing, including Trapped Ions, Quantum Algorithms, Superconducting & Hybrid Quantum Systems and Integrated Photonics and Photon Qubits.
Many Quantum Postdoctoral opportunities are available in our Information Directorate. Explore these opportunities through the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine. All opportunities can be viewed here (search for “quantum” using ctrl + f). Other post doctorate opportunities include:
- Quantum information science
- Quantum networking
- Quantum optics / integrated photonics
- Quantum optics / quantum integrated photonics
Our quantum research teams located at the AFRL Space Vehicles Directorate in Albuquerque, NM focus on Quantum Sensing & Timing, including Atomic Clocks & Timing, Levitated Optomechanics, Photonic Microcombs and Ultracold Atoms.
The Quantum Sensing & Timing (QST) team pursues various research efforts geared towards transitioning quantum devices and sensors into real-world applications to solve critical issues for communications, positioning, navigation, & timing.
AFRL is actively looking for new postdoctoral researchers interested in applying their physics or engineering expertise to help bring quantum advantage to a reality for solving problems of great national interest. We encourage interested applicants to apply to the National Research Council Postdoctoral Associateship:
- Applications are accepted every quarter: 1 February, 1 May, 1 August, 1 November
- Direct link to our AFRL opportunity at Kirtland AFB, NM: Cold-Atom Precision Timing and Inertial Navigation
- Prospective applicants often visit our lab and give a scientific presentation before applying
- Make inquiries either through contact info listed on NRC website or email@example.com